Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Prank (64/365)

Prank (64/365) by elawgrrl
Prank (64/365), a photo by elawgrrl on Flickr.

Via Flickr:
This is what passes for entertainment in my office... this little guy - don't worry it's plastic - was lurking under the phone receiver. We do love our pranks. I have to admit I prefer the frog version to the roach version.

SPRAYNARD - "Airports And Prank Phone Calls"

It's been years
Since I saw your band in the basement
of our good friend's parents' house.
We formed those bonds beneath the ground,
we formed those bonds amongst the sound
of songs you wrote in hopes for better days.
If it were up to me, I’d relive all those days
that I sang the words and hummed the melodies over and over again.
If it were up to me, I’d relive every day
that we felt alone together.
Some of us will drink ourselves to sleep tonight.
Some of us won't even sleep in Pennsylvania.
If it were up to me, we'd be back in that basement;
back in the place that we felt happy.
But it's not up to me, so I’ll relive those days in my dreams,
and smile when we pass on the street.

No comments: