Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Cupcake (282/365)

Cupcake (282/365) by elawgrrl
Cupcake (282/365), a photo by elawgrrl on Flickr.

Via Flickr:
It's Cupcake Wednesday!

NONE MORE BLACK - Cupcake Wednesday

I have tasted what it's like, I don't dig it
I could heal the lesser bites
So they won't scar, but why bother?
Like to feel the bumps and bruises
I can analyze their worth
Been the winner, been the loser
But I bite the swollen tongue
And I walk the tight rope home
I just hold out and hold on
'Til I'm over it for sure
'Til I'm over it for sure

We live in a cruel, cruel world and absorb it
Watched a scene destroy itself
And somehow that's okay?
Once we screamed for revolution
Now we whisper, leak and bitch
Swallowed whole, with no solution
Did we give it all away?
What will come of the new wave?
We must hold out and hold on
'Til we're over it for sure
‘Til we’re over it for sure

This ain't no bullshit reaction
To growing old in common place
If I'm gonna work for satisfaction
I don't wanna feel so negative

That's why I claim that I'm over it
Oh oh, so over it
So over it
Oh oh, so over it

No comments: