Monday, July 26, 2010

Zines (205/365)


Zines (205/365)
Originally uploaded by elawgrrl
While in Philly as part of the 2010 Cap'n Jazz Sojourn, I had the opportunity to visit the Wooden Shoe: www.woodenshoebooks.com/. I had a fantastic time browsing through their extensive zine collection, books, patches, posters and hanging out with the super nice volunteers. My old friends know that Christine, Carrie and I used to do a zine called Solstice from 1994 - 1997 - one issue is still online saved from the ashes of geocities here: www.reocities.com/SunsetStrip/Cabaret/4101/web/index.htm. It is a lot of work to put together a good zine and I am always happy to find new ones worthy of support. It is amazing how many people I met over the years through zines - such an opportunity to share... I wish we had a place like this in Tampa... time to start planning!

No comments: